Check out our new online Mortgage Center. You can use Mortgage Center to view current mortgage rates, pre-qualify for a new home mortgage or complete an application, all with the click of your mouse. Click on one of the buttons below to start!
Have questions? Call Dave Patterson at (847) 244–5100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Board of Directors and the Staff at NorthSide Community Bank invite you to join us on 10/31/2014 as we celebrate Customer Appreciation Day. Treats and refreshments will be served. Enter to win a $100 Gift Card by guessing the amount of cash in our money jar. (The winner is determined by closest amount guessed without going over. Entries accepted from Monday October 27, 2014 through Friday October 31, 2014. See a bank employee for details)
NORTHSIDE COMMUNITY BANK IS PROUD TO PARTNER WITH THE MARINE CORPS RESERVE ONCE AGAIN THIS YEAR FOR ITS ANNUAL TOYS FOR TOTS TOY DRIVE. PLEASE STOP BY ONE OF OUR BANKING LOCATIONS IN LAKE COUNTY (GURNEE, RIVERWOODS AND MUNDELEIN) TO DROP OFF AN UNWRAPPED TOY OR BOOK.
Important Debit Card information if you're traveling out of the United States
During any time of year, NorthSide Community Bank and the Independent Community Bankers of America (ICBA) want consumers to have the information they need before they leave home to keep their money safe.
Financial professionals agree that the safest and most convenient way to travel with your money is to take a small amount of cash with you. It’s also a good idea to carry a debit, credit or ATM card. These cards are convenient while traveling because they are easy to carry, easy to use and often offer the lowest fees and the best exchange rates.
However, travelers still need to plan ahead to be prepared. To help, we offer these tips to consumers about what they need to take care of before they take off:
- Let us know when and where you will be traveling to avoid account holds or transaction rejections when out-of-the-ordinary transactions are presented for processing or posted.
- If you're traveling overseas, keep in mind that ATMs in many countries only accept four-digit personal identification numbers (PINs) and some countries have keyboards with numbers only, while others do not acknowledge zeros. Ask your community bank if you should create a new PIN for your account before you take your trip.
- Carry a back-up card that you keep in a separate place. Families or couples may get even greater back-up coverage if each person takes a different card.
- Make copies of all the cards you’ll be carrying. Be sure to copy the front and back of the card. Take a copy with you and give a copy to someone you trust back home. Be sure to also include the security code for the card and the customer service phone number.
- Bring a list of emergency phone numbers, but remember, 800 numbers can only be used in the United States and Canada. Be sure to get a number for your bank that you can call if you’re out of the country.
- Check your balance before you leave. Know the limits on how much you can withdraw. Save all your receipts.
- Thoroughly check any ATMs that you use; fraudsters are increasingly altering the facades of ATMs in an effort to capture card data. Ensure the card reader does not look tampered with and pull on it to ensure it’s not a layover.
For your protection against debit card fraud, NorthSide Community Bank has restricted transactions originating in countries with a high level of fraudulent transaction.
Click here to see a listing of restricted countries. If you are traveling to one or more of these countries just call us first!
With fraud on the rise, consider the Northside Community Bank IdentityIQ product
In 2009, more than 11 million adult consumers in the US were affected by Identity Theft – up 12% from 2008. Identity Theft represents 26% of all complaints to the Federal Trade Commission and has been its most frequently reported crime for the last 8 years. Women and young adults, aged 18-29, are the most frequent victims.
Click on the image above to register for a free three month trial to IdentityIQ.